Building a clothing line or brand from scratch is no easy feat. Even experienced fashion entrepreneurs have to juggle designing, production, sourcing, and more. So, what if there was an easier way?
Enter OEM clothing manufacturers—original equipment/electrical manufacturers—or, put simply, a manufacturer who provides production services for your apparel on a private label basis. You create the designs and provide the artwork; they take care of all the rest, from material sourcing to packaging and shipping.
This guide will be your step-by-step guide to selecting an OEM clothing manufacturer like Appareify and working with them throughout the production process. We’ll cover what questions you need to ask when selecting a vendor, ensuring quality control of your product, managing branding and labeling, and more. Keep reading to learn how you can simplify your apparel operation with an OEM clothing manufacturer today!
Why Work With an OEM Clothing Manufacturer?
Working with an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) clothing manufacturer is an ideal choice for businesses looking to produce apparel in bulk in order to meet demand. There are several advantages to working with an OEM clothing manufacturer, from cost-effective production to quality control at every stage of the process.
For starters, OEMs have the expertise and experience necessary to create the highest quality apparel. They have the resources and materials available to create a wide range of clothing items, including traditional ready-to-wear garments, custom designs, and even specialized garments like activewear and athleisure. They can also customize fabrics and colors according to customer requests.
Moreover, highly skilled designers and technicians ensure that every aspect of production is done with precision and accuracy. This ensures that all apparel is made according to exact specifications and meets industry standards—from materials used to sizing, labeling requirements, and special finishes or treatments applied—all while ensuring cost-effectiveness along the way.
In addition, OEMs have established relationships with fabric mills and other suppliers, providing them access to competitive pricing on fabrics, trims, and other materials used in clothing production. You can go to this page to find an outstanding clothing manufacturer.
Finding the Right OEM Clothing Manufacturer for Your Brand
When it comes to outsourcing your clothing production, finding the right OEM (original equipment manufacturer) clothing manufacturer can be a daunting task. But with a little bit of research and effort, the process can be simplified. Here are some key factors to keep in mind when searching for the right OEM manufacturing partner like Appareify.
- Location: One of the primary considerations when choosing an OEM clothing manufacturer is their location. A closer factory will usually mean shorter lead times and lower shipping costs, which have a major impact on your bottom line.
- Product Range: It’s important to choose an OEM partner who has experience producing the type of apparel you need and is able to work with the fabrics, materials, and designs you require.
- Reputation & Quality: Before making a decision, do some research and read reviews from other brands’ customers who have used their services in the past. This will help ensure that you’re working with a high-quality factory that has a good reputation in the industry for producing quality goods at competitive prices.
Developing Samples With Your OEM Clothing Manufacturer
Once you have found the right OEM clothing manufacturer, it is time to start creating sample designs. This is the most important part of working with an OEM clothing manufacturer, as it will determine the look of the finished product.
The process typically has three stages:
- Designing a prototype – At this stage, you should provide your OEM clothing manufacturer with a sketch or a graphic representation of what you want the final design to look like. Your manufacturer should then make a sample based on the design information you provided, including fabric type and color.
- Refining the prototype – Once you have received the first sample, you should review it in detail and decide if there are any changes that need to be made in order to achieve your desired look. Make sure to communicate all necessary adjustments clearly to your manufacturer during this step.
- Finalizing the design – Once all changes have been made, your OEM clothing manufacturer will produce a final sample for you to approve before they officially begin production of your apparel line.
At this point, as long as everything looks perfect to you, your project is ready for production!
Placing Your First Production Order
Once you’ve agreed on a cost, design, and production timeline with your chosen OEM clothing manufacturer, it’s time to place your first production order. This may seem a bit daunting—after all, this is what you’ve been working towards. But with the right preparation and research, you can navigate the process confidently.
To start, you’ll need to provide the manufacturer with a purchase order (PO) that clearly outlines the details of your product and its cost:
- Description of product
- Quantity of product
- Unit price of product
- Ship date
- Shipping address
- Payment terms
It’s important that you double-check all these details with your manufacturer—you don’t want to end up ordering something different from what was agreed upon! Once everything is clear and accurate in the PO, it’s time to place your order.
Being prepared for this step will help ensure a smooth process when working with an OEM clothing manufacturer. Taking the time to research the best options for quality and cost will be worth it in the long run!
Working with an OEM clothing manufacturer is an exciting and rewarding journey for any clothing designer, but it’s also one that comes with plenty of considerations and decisions. From choosing the right manufacturer for your product type and quantity, to maintaining a healthy relationship over the course of the project to making sure you’re happy with the finished product before it gets sent out, every step of the process is crucial.
Ultimately, the key to success is having the right partner, like Appareify, by your side to help navigate the process and make sure you’re getting the best possible outcomes. At Appareify, they have the expertise and experience to help you along the entire journey–from concept to completion. Let them help take your products to the next level today!